Some of the wonderful things rattling around in this full brain 'o mine. UPDATED EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY (or at least twice a week)

Thursday, June 21, 2007

AICN EXCLUSIVE! Guess Who’s Shooting His IRON MAN Role Today!! - Sam Jackson - Ultimate Nick Fury!!!

From Aintitcoolnews.com Okay. This is a pretty big tidbit, and as far as I can tell, this is an exclusive. I haven’t seen any mention of this anywhere online, but it’s exciting news, and I have to share it with you guys.

read more digg story


Have to admit, I love this move, and I’m extremely excited about this actually moving forward. From AICN:

“Okay. This is a pretty big tidbit, and as far as I can tell, this is an exclusive. I haven’t seen any mention of this anywhere online, but it’s exciting news, and I have to share it with you guys.
Right now, if I had to wager on whether or not IRON MAN was going to be one of next summer’s big films, I’d say it will be. It seems like Jon Favreau has done everything right so far, and I’m hearing really exciting things about the action sequences and the casting, and I’ve been sold on Robert Downey Jr. since the moment he was announced.
Today, though, he’s shooting scenes featuring an actor who is a set-up for a larger Marvel continuity, and it’s exciting because I’m hoping this character can start showing up in other films, and we’ll start seeing Marvel Studios creating a larger world, one that exists outside the frames of the individual movies. This is a major step towards making that AVENGERS movie we’ve been hearing about. So who’s the actor? Who’s the character?
Sam Jackson. Nick Fury.
Count on it.”

For those who don’t know:

Nick Fury is the head of SHIELD in the marvel universe...think of it as the CIA/FBI on crack, they basically handle security for the US, especially in Superhuman affairs...well, in the Ultimate Universe, Nick Fury is the one who recruits and creates the Avengers, a superhero team employed and deployed by the government. The Avengers include:

Iron Man (2008 release)
Captain America (2009 release)
The Hulk (2008 release)
Thor (2009 release)
Giant Man (a scientist who creates the technology to grow or shrink)
The Wasp (a mutant who can shrink down to bug size, fly, and zap people).

I heard that they were working up to an Ultimate Avengers movie....this would officially be the first step in that direction.