Some of the wonderful things rattling around in this full brain 'o mine. UPDATED EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY (or at least twice a week)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

WWE – Vince McMahon and the Wonder of Marketing…

You know, I have no idea how people fall into his trap anymore. For those of you even remotely interested, I’m talking about Vince McMahon, CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment. You know, the former WWF of the famous cartoon. I have to admit, I used to watch wrestling. I was a huge huge Benoit fan. Still am to this day, I could watch that dude perform forever. But at some point, with wrestling being on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and PPV Sundays, I realized that perhaps they were demanding a little too much of my time, so I cut it out of my life. Still…it never ceases to amaze me the lengths the WWE will go to to drive their ratings.

Take last Monday Nights’ RAW for instance…

I headed to IMDB Tuesday morning for my daily dose of movie and entertainment news. There actually was a story that police were investigating a car bombing at the site of Monday’s RAW. It seems Vince McMahon’s limo had been car bombed, and blew up during the RAW show…conveniently halting that nights draft lottery, and ending the show. It seems Vince decided to kill off his own character for now on his Ultimate Male Soap Opera. What’s infinitely more interesting than that (besides watching paint dry) is that the police were actually taking this as a serious incident and wasting taxpayer money to investigate.

You’d think they’d be used to this by now. I mean, it’s the friggin WWE! They’ll try anything to get more exposure from using Donald Trump, to letting a documentary be created about screwing over their best star!

Needless to say, IMDB posted a follow up today mentioning that the WWE had applied for and had all the necessary permits for the stunt, that no one was hurt, and that the stunt wasn’t even shown live; it was taped on Saturday night. Well…Thank God for that.

No comments: